Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blogging...

I have a hard time keeping up with my blogs! I was trying to do 2, one for the house/dishes etc...& 1 for the yard/birds. I have not updated either for months! So, now I will just keep it to 1, & let it ride...

I've been feeding the birds in the yard for about 5 years now, & this cute little Red Breasted Nuthatch is a new visitor.






I need to take pics of some of the Pyrex (& other goodies) that I've picked up over the last few months. Everything gets packed up, because we are *still* working on the kitchen. It's hard to stay motivated when we have opposite work schedules. We are doing the work ourselves, which has been "fun" lol. I've made a few changes here & there, so it's better to work slowly (I guess). It's a small room compared to most standards, and I'm trying to create a cozy, vintage, & functional space. New walls, windows, restoring the maple floor covered by linoleum, adding cabinets/shelves etc. I did splurge, I ordered a light fixture from Schoolhouse Electric.

The only two things that I am leaving alone are: 1. The original to the house sink. It looks exactly like this one: farmhouse sink. 2. Our (also original to the house) step in pantry. it's smaller than a walk in, but bigger than a reach in. lots of shelf space, a countertop area with 3 big drawers, a window off the sunroom (left side), which allows for natural light, a homemade shelf unit below that, room for a small portable kitchen cart... & still room to stand.

I found a nice pie safe which I plan on fixing up! Will post before & after pics.

Hope there will be more progress soon, I feel like we've been working on it forever.



Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment